So I finally finished my own paper stash challenge layouts. It took 4 weeks rather than the 1 super-optimistic week that I originally planned but I did it. And in fact, I did 2 layouts!
The first one above used the most obvious patterns from those old Lil' Davis papers. I cut out some of the flowers and paired them up with black and white stripes and red striped washi to try and update it a bit. And I think it worked. I'm pretty happy with it and I don't see those old Lil' Davis papers screaming at me when I look at it.
The second I think turned out less obvious but still used some of the old papers. The big blue piece is the back of one of the papers and has a fun little pattern on it. And once again, I cut out one of the big flowers and paired with some more current patterns. I love how this one turned out. It's not screaming Lil' Davis anymore either.
I found this whole process very motivating. Trying to see old papers in a new light was fun and challenging and ultimately very rewarding.
I still have some of the papers left and I'm not certain I can do anything more with them. But I'm still in thought about it. I feel pretty good about using what I did so now if I decide to let go of the rest, I've at least put a dent in it. And used something that I've been hanging on to for a long long time!
I'll draw another manufacturer soon and post here for anyone that wants to play along.